Call Description and Scope
SEED Innovation Vouchers can finance short interventions of technical, legal, financial, and business experts. Applications should demonstrate how the voucher will help an SME to validate an idea for an innovation project, evaluate the potential of a new idea or accelerate an existing innovation project. SEED Services must help contribute to the rejuvenation of the Construction sector by combining solutions, technologies and/or know-how from Digital Industry, Additive Manufacturing, Nature-Based Solutions and/or Circularity & Recycling. All applications will be considered for their impact on the construction sector (see full assessment criteria below). Please note that the SEED Innovation Voucher must be used within a period of 2 months after receiving the confirmation it is awarded.
The applicants must be an SME
(Small-Medium Enterprise) according to the EU definition
2. The applicant must be a single company (no consortiums allowed)
3. Applicants must be legally registered in one of the six METABUILDING target countries: Austria, France, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, Spain
Please note: SME’s legally registered outside of these 6 countries but a direct member, or a member of an organisation which is a member, of the EURIC, AM, EFB and ECTP platforms are also eligible to apply.
4. Applicants must operate in one or more of the following sectors: Construction, Digital Industry, Additive Manufacturing, Nature-Based Solutions, Circularity & Recycling
SEED Service Providers
SEED service providers can be institutions, consultants, companies, universities, etc. The service provider must be legally registered and located in an EU country and be able to demonstrate expertise and high-quality knowledge. The selected service provider should be an independent entity without any affiliation to the applicant. Applicants for the innovation vouchers will be requested to confirm that there is no conflict of interest.
The services that qualify for receiving financial support are:
- Innovation mentoring
- IPR analysis
- Technical analysis and assistance
- Identification of partners or innovative technologies
- Due diligence on potential partners or innovative technologies
- Elaboration of cross-sectoral business models/plans
- Elaboration of market studies
Successful applications will be awarded a SEED Innovation Voucher up to €5.000 (depending on the offer of the service provider). Only costs generated within the service are eligible. Cost exceeding this amount will not be covered by the voucher but can be covered by the SME with their own funds. The value of the voucher will only be paid to the SME upon the presentation of the invoice from the service provider and the submission of the post-service assessment. As part of the application applicants are required to provide a signed offer from the service provider (acceptance declaration). The final invoice from the service provider must be inline with the signed offer provided by the applicant at the submission of the application.
The complete application consists of the following elements:
1. SEED online application form (including provisions of the Declaration of Honour)
2. Ethic Issues Table
3. Quotation from the service provider (signed by the SMEs as declaration of acceptance)
Applications for SEED Innovation Vouchers are open until 30th January 2021.
To learn more about the call description and how to apply go to: https://www.metabuilding.com/seed-call/